Vision & Mission
FESCA, Federation of European Scleroderma Associations aisbl is working to make scleroderma a well-known disease and, in collaboration with doctors, to secure the best possible treatments, care, and ultimately a cure for those with scleroderma. We do this with a strong foundation in our organisation’s vision and mission.
Our vision can be defined as
A world in which everyone with Scleroderma receives appropriate access to the same level of successful care from fully informed healthcare professionals.
Our vision is one of a world in which
- Scleroderma is recognised as an important disease
- Society knows about Scleroderma, and those with the disease do not feel so isolated
- People with Scleroderma have equal access to successful treatments
- Medical practitioners have better knowledge and access to treatments
- Consistent care for SSc is provided across the globe.
The FESCA mission statement:
To make Scleroderma a well-known disease and, in collaboration with doctors, to secure for those with scleroderma the best possible treatments, care, and ultimately a cure.
Our mission will be achieved by:
- Becoming the main representative of the EU national organisations
- Working with and encouraging the active involvement of politicians and pharmaceutical companies
- Working with doctors to secure top treatments, care, and ultimately a cure
- Facilitating collaboration among national associations to share ideas and projects.
Ultimately we will
Educate the world, patients, and doctors about Scleroderma.
FESCA, Federation of European Scleroderma Associations aisbl, encourages and undertake surveys, research projects and clinical trials related to the systemic sclerosis disease, and the publication of the results of any such research.
FESCA is always looking for better therapies. This is why we are partners with many different pharma companies. Pay our Scleroderma projects section a visit, and learn more about scleroderma research projects we’re involved in.